Welcome to the ELP Annual Leadership Conference 2018
Many executives benefit from globalization and digitization. They are cosmopolitan, socially liberal, internationalist and comfortable with change. They share in the fruits of the growing world economy and experience that they are better off every year.
However, there is a large group of people with existential insecurity, leading a life of unstable labor and living. They cannot be certain that their jobs will remain or don’t have any jobs at all. They feel they are bearing the burden of changes they haven’t asked for. Moreover, inequality is rising worldwide. For example, 82 percent of the wealth created in 2017 went to the top 1 percent of the world population. Eight individuals own the same wealth as the poorest 3.6 bln people on our planet, according to Oxfam Novib.
“You cannot be successful in a world that fails”, says Feike Sijbesma, CEO of DSM. What can and should business leaders and politicians do to create a future in which everyone feels included?
Please join us for the ELP Annual Conference 2018!
1. “You cannot be succesful in a world that fails”, so contribute to a better world.
2. Engage with peers and inspirational thinkers to share ideas on how to create a future in which everyone feels included.
3. Be inspired by great speakers.
4. Take time to reflect on your role in meaningful conversations with peers.
5. Enjoy our good food and wine.