ELP Annual Leadership Conference 2020
Thursday October 8
Leadership for a Better World
Welcome to the ELP Annual Leadership Conference 2020
We are twenty years into the 21st century and the world is completely different from what it was at the turn of the century. The corona crisis has only underlined some of the deeper changes in society. The pendulum of history is in full swing. We are living in a change of age, more than in an age of change. Not only because of corona but also because the collective thinking about many things is changing dramatically.
- There is a perceived need to address the vulnerabilities of the ways in which we live, consume and produce;
- There is a revaluation of the role of the state;
- Neoliberal capitalism is in the line of fire;
- Business leaders are more often required to balance the interests of shareholders and other stakeholders;
- Inequality in wealth and income has become a major source of discontent.
- Be inspired by great speakers on leadership from a societal, an organizational and a personal perspective.
- Engage with peers and speakers to share ideas on how to create a desirable future.
- Reflect on your role as a leader in the changes you want to see in society.
- And.. use your leadership for creating a better world within your own context.
Recap ELP Annual Conference 2019: Staying human in a digital world
“In order to keep clarity of mind and to lead organizations, it’s important to continuously seek for new perspectives.
A wonderful and high quality conference, with ditto participants, that will surely trigger new and high impact ideas”
Francine van DierendonckExecutive Board Member APG
”Meeting different people, experience different ways of thinking, get inspired with novel trends, and meet people from outside your daily routine in a safe, non-judgemental environment.”
Kaz de JongManager Staff Care, Médécins sans Frontières
“I have had many engaging, creative and inspiring sessions at the ELP conference.
The breadth of topics covered is impressive; so is the depth at which the topics are interrogated.
The colleagues I have met have remained an invaluable source of professional and personal insight,
experience and support which I treasure to this day.”
Nicholas BrasseyCHRO, Ahold Delhaize Europe & Indonesia
“The annual conference offers the best of multiple worlds. It’s an inspiring event circling around trending leadership topics.
It provides a space to reflect upon your own leadership style and behavior. It offers you an opportunity to communicate
with kindred spirits who are in the same boat . And if all that is not enough, it’s rounded off with a good glass and fine food. I say: not to be missed!”